DescriptionIf you don't have a phone with a display, then you are not able to see who is calling you before you pick up. If this phone is connected to a FRITZ!Box however, then this information can be accessed via a build in "CallMonitor" interface.
PreparationsTo use the CallMonitor you have to enable it on the FRITZ!Box first. Type this key sequence on a phone connected to the FRITZ!Box:
#96*5*Afterwards you should hear a short audio signal as confirmation. If you want to disable it again then you have to type:
#96*4*Again followed by a short audio signal as confirmation.
To test whether the port is actually open you can either test with the nmap program:
nmap fritz.box -p1012where the output should look something like this:
Nmap scan report for fritz.box (192.168.178.1) Host is up (0.00050s latency). PORT STATE SERVICE 1012/tcp open unknown Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.04 secondsOr you can test with the Telnet program:
telnet fritz.box 1012If you see output like this:
Trying 192.168.178.1... Connected to fritz.box. Escape character is '^]'.then it successfully connected to the CallMonitor port. When you now make a call to or from a phone which is connected to the FRITZ!Box, then you can already see call information like this:
date time;RING;connection_id;caller_number;callee_number;SIP1;\n date time;CONNECT;connection_id;extension_id;caller_number;\n date time;DISCONNECT;connection_id;duration_seconds;\n date time;CALL;connection_id;extension_id;caller_number;callee_number;SIP1;\nTo disconnect the Telnet program press:
CTRL ]and type:
ScreenshotsWhen you start the program you will see a window like this:
and in the system tray you see this icon:
In the window you can:
- Hide the window so only the tray icon stays visible. If you click on the tray icon then the window will reappear.
- Set the host name or the ip-address of your FRITZ!Box (Default: fritz.box).
- Set the port number of the call-monitor (Default: 1012).
- Select an exported phone book, which is then being used for a reverse-lookup of the incoming caller number.
- Set the timeout for the notification i.e. how long is the tray popup displayed.